Euless and Grapevine property owners in neighborhoods just west of D/FW Airport, east of Texas 121 and off of Glade Road report the same lease offer that residents of several nearby Grapevine neighborhoods have received from Cimmaron Field Services on behalf of Chesapeake Energy.
The neighborhoods that have reported their offers to Blogging the Barnett Shale:
- Arbormont Estates, east of Baze Road, north of Glade, west of Euless Grapevine Road and Texas 360, Grapevine.
- Cinnamon Ridge, east of 121, south of Glade Road, west of Texas 360, east of North Euless Main Street, Euless.
- Quail Run Estates, east of 121, south of Glade Road, and west of North Main Street, Euless.
- Glade Crossing, east of Baze Road, north of Glade Road, and west of Euless Grapevine Road and Texas 360, Grapevine.
- Glade Manor, east of North Euless Main Street, south of Glade Road, west of Texas 360, Euless.
The terms: $3,000-per-acre signing bonus, 20 percent royalty, five-year term, no surface access rights.
Homeowners report Cimmaron is holding a series of lease signing meetings. The last two are scheduled Dec. 17 and Dec. 19 at Colleyville Center.
Grapevine homeowners have reported a series of lease offers west of 121 that are identiical to the ones in Euless. The Grapevine homeowners believe the drill sites could be at D/FW Airport, where Chesapeake has been drilling.
Getting organized: A Glade area property owner wants to organize property owners -- he says the Glade area has a high number of landlord-owned properties, which will make organizing more difficult -- to get the best possible terms. Contact Phil Huddleston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-- Scott Nishimura
(Photo: Shopping center goes up at southeast corner of Texas 121 and Glade Road)