Retired woman fights to play bingo
A New Mexico woman banned from a bingo asked the Attorney General for a little help recently. The woman, 70-year-old Evangeline Shelland, was banned from the Fraternal Order of Eagles club two years ago after people complained to management that she was driving erratically in the parking lot, The Associated Press reports.
Shelland has sent numerous letter to the hall and the New Mexico Attorney General’s Office for help, according to The Associated Press.
A representative from the Attorney General’s Office wrote to Shelland, “while we sympathize with your desire to play bingo, we do not have any jurisdiction over this issue and are unable to force them to allow you on their premises,” KRQE News 13 reported on its website.
People dressed like animals left out in the cold
Thousands of people dressed as furry animals were evacuated from an Illinois hotel and sent scurrying across the street after an “intentional chlorine leak Sunday, the Chicago Tribune reported.
Nineteen others were sent to the hospital early Sunday after their partying at the Midwest FurFest convention was cut short when a high level of chlorine gas was detected in the air.
This was the FurFest’s 15th year of celebrating art, literature, and performance based on anthropomorphic animals, according to its website.
The way the powdered chlorine was released suggests that it was done so intentionally, Rosemont police told Midwest FurFest organizers.
Read more here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-19-hospitalized-thousands-evacuated-in-gas-leak-at-rosemont-hotel-20141207-story.html
Men burned by Christmas lights
Two men were burned outside the private Lake Country Christian School in Fort Worth late Sunday while hanging Christmas lights, a MedStar spokesman said.
The men were transported to two different hospitals after sustaining serious electrical burns to their hands.
Zavadsky said electrical burns can be tricky to treat.
— Monica S. Nagy