An Arlington man who had been accused of briefly kidnapping his ex-girlfriend's 9-year-old son has been sentenced to three years of deferred-adjudication probation after reaching a plea deal with prosecutors on a reduced charge.
Alsee Irving III, 29, pleaded guilty to deadly conduct by discharging a firearm and was sentenced Monday in Criminal District Court #3. Under the terms of the probation, Irving will not have a condition on his record if he completes the probationary term without incident.
Prosecutor Rebecca McIntire said witnesses changed their stories and became uncooperative with law enforcement officers, leading to the reduced charge.
"In the course of the investigations, some stories changed," she said. "It was problematic for proceeding with a kidnapping charge."
Officers had responded to a kidnapping call about 3 a.m. on March 27, 2011 in the 900 block of Marion Street in Fort Worth. The woman, 32, said she and Irving had argued and that shots were fired. She told officers that her son had been taken when she went for help.
No one was injured.
Irving's attorney, Jim Shaw, could not be reached for comment.