A Mineral Wells woman who had taken methamphetamine and other drugs likely crawled into the chest freezer in her garage where she was found dead last August, officials said Thursday.
Shannon Herrin Huddleston, 38, was found by her 19-year-old son when he opened the freezer to get some food, police said in August.
The Dallas County medical examiner's office subsequently reported that the woman died from the “toxic effects of methamphetamine,” but hypothermia was a contributing factor.
Fresh puncture wounds from drug use were found on her body, according to the autopsy report. Meth, marijuana, hydrocondone and an anti-anxiety medication were listed in the toxicology report.
Her death, ultimately, was ruled an accident.
Domingo Ramirez Jr. covered this story; follow this link to read his full report.
-- Bill Miller