Jobs on display at Fort Worth Chamber's Job Links Excelerator
Lots of jobs were on display at today’s Job Links Excelerator, the Fort Worth Chamber’s monthly invite-only get-together between employers that have job openings, and groups that have candidate pools.
- Prologistix, a staffing company for the warehouse industry, says it has 50 openings in the area, mostly 90 days temp for hire, starting at $9 per hour for entry level and going up to supervisory positions requiring college degrees. Jobs include forklift, general warehouse, and shipping. High school diploma or GED required, minimum six months experience, criminal background check. Misdemeanor backgrounds acceptable on a case by case basis. Apply at www.prologistix.com
- Creative Memories, independent consultant and team leaders for scrapbooking company. Info: Georgette Lopez-Aguado, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greensheet. Openings for outside service rep in Fort Worth and Dallas, plus office service rep in Dallas. Outside rep pay: $32,500 salary base plus commissions, $55,000-$60,000 first year projected. “We’ve got some sales reps making $100,000,” a Greensheet rep told the Job Links crowd. Office rep pay: $30,000 base plus commissions. High school diploma/GED required and college preferred for both. Background check required. Apply: www.thegreensheet.com.
- Fort Worth Transportation Authority. Openings for bus and MITS van drivers. “We’ll teach you to drive,” a T rep told Job Links. Misdemeanor-friendly employer, although driving-related offenses such as DWI and DUI won’t help you. Apply: www.the-t.com.
- OmniAmerican Bank. Openings for branch manager, check card operations supervisor, loan closing administration, relationship managers, and tellers. Call center moving from White Settlement to Mercantile Center off of I-35 in April. Misdemeanor-friendly case by case, but theft-related offenses will work against you. Apply: kim.vincent@OmniAmerican.com
- Edward Jones Investments. “We’re targeting 15 locations in Fort Worth where we want to put an office,” adviser and recruiter Jake Richter told Job Links. “We can’t put an office there if we don’t have an adviser.” Edward Jones pays to train its selected adviser candidates for licenses, and pays for the adviser’s office and fulltime assistant. “Most of our advisers come from non-finance backgrounds,” Richter told Job Links. Info: www.edwardjones.com
- Goodwill Industries of Fort Worth. Has openings including retail store manager in Saginaw, staffing manager for Goodwill Temporary Services, job coach and employment specialist in Arlington, two assistant store managers in Denton and Lake Worth, nine materials handlers at six stores, lead material handler in River Oaks, lead merchandiser in Arlington, full and parttime cashiers, assisted donations attendant and custodian. Apply: In person at Goodwill, 4005 Campus Drive in Fort Worth, or HR fax, 817-536-0408.
- Ambit Energy, independent marketing consultants. High school diploma/GED required. Contact: Elizabeth Oliva, 817-925-5898, http://elizabetholiva.com
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Fort Worth. Several openings including centralized transportation, a startup program focusing on clients’ short-term transportation needs. Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required, plus two years management experience. Also opening for PR director. Marketing degree and experience in PR required. Apply: www.CatholicCharitiesFortWorth.org
- Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce. Opening for executive assistant, general office, with committee, planning, and minute-taking duties. Five years experience, plus knowledge of Microsoft Office products and database. Also opening for administrative assistant, general office. email@example.com, include cover letter to Patricia Steelman.
- SafeHaven of Tarrant County. Several openings: Fulltime billing manager, Fort Worth, bachelor’s in finance, accounting, or related field or equivalent experience, strong Excel skills and knowledge of general ledger work required; fulltime bilingual case manager, Arlington, bachelor’s in social work, related field, or equivalent experience, experience in working with family violence, bilingual English/Spanish required; parttime crisis interventionist, Fort Worth, bachelor’s in social work or equivalent background, experience in crisis intervention required; parttime relief client advocate, Arlington and Fort Worth, high school diploma or GED required, college degree preferred; fulltime vice president of finance, Fort Worth, bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field, 3-5 years finance experience, 3-5 years supervisory experience required, MBA, CPA, nonprofit accounting experience preferred. Apply: www.safehaventc.org
- Frac Tech. Private energy services company hiring for administrative, IT, accounting, engineering, field operations openings. Felony and misdemeanor-friendly, on case by case basis. Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northwestern Mutual. Hiring 20 financial advisers and 20 interns in Fort Worth.
- Scott Nishimura, jobs and workplace reporter, Star-Telegram