Where can you look up a copy of every school yearbook printed in the Birdville school district?
The Birdville school district archives and the Birdville Historical Society are moving into a new location.
The school district has remodeled part of the Shannon Learning Center in Haltom City to serve as the Birdville Museum, according to an announcement by The Northeast Tarrant Chamber.
The museum is to be the permanent home for both collections, the announcement said.
Here are some of the items to be featured:
- Desk used by former superintendent Wylie G. Thomas
- Replica of the old red brick schoolhouse
- A time capsule from a former graduating class
- An 800-piece collection of genealogy research material
- A doll collection from a former Birdville schools educator
- Section on Black history in Birdville
- Sports memorabilia
Grand opening: May 12. Open from 4 to 8 p.m., with a ribbon cutting at 5:30 p.m.
Birdville Museum, 6030 Walker St., Haltom City