Ten pieces of award winning artwork from Fort Worth school district students will be shown on the sides of public buses starting in June.
In all, 86 pieces of artwork were submitted. Students could enter a drawing, painting, photograph or collage. Here was their assignment: "Express what moves you about The T – what it means to you and your family, the city of Fort Worth and our environment."
This year's winners:
• Julissa Sandoval, 4th grade, MH Moore Elementary School – Grand Prize
• Cung Nei Sang, 3rd grade, L. Clifford Davis Elementary School
• Joycelyn Garza, 3rd grade, Charles Nash Elementary School
• Ashley Houze, 3rd grade, E.M. Daggett Elementary School
• Binh Le, 8th grade and CharmaineThomas, 7th grade, Handley Middle School – Grand Prize
• Monica Johnson, 8th grade, William James Middle School
• Dekota D’Brell, 8th grade, Monnig Middle School
• Jocelyn Hernandez, 12th grade, Dunbar High School – Grand Prize
• Criseida Valdez, 11th grade, Paschal High School
• Manuel Valdez, 9th grade, International Newcomer Academy