More than 32.1 million drivers will travel during the Memorial Day weekend, and that means lots of people competing for highway space, not only with other cars, but also motorcycles, RVs and the like.
1. Be aware of blind spots. Always signal and check sight lines before merging or changing lanes.
2. Pay attention to wind velocity, and anticipate that some vehicles can get blown out of their lane.
3. Watch for loose items flying out of boats, off luggage racks, etc.
4. Stay in your lane while turning.
5. Keep a safe distance from other vehicles.